Chamomile is one of my favorite flowers. I love using it in so many different ways, from adding the fresh petals to my bath to making it an infusion in many of my dishes!
I absolutely love using chamomile especially with oranges or bananas and I actually use banana and chamomile usually as a DIY vegan face mask.
In this recipe I have used a combination of banana and chamomile paired with Sun Potion's Pine Pollen. To go along with the many benefits and calming effects of the ingredients I have created a chamomile & CBD infused syrup for serving, which is the perfect compliment to finish this dessert.
Some benefits of Pine Pollen
* Anti-aging. Most of our cells don’t have the ability to multiply indefinitely, in fact they can only multiply a limited number of times. Pine Pollen has the ability to delay this and therefore slow down the aging process.
* Contains antioxidants. Antioxidants are compounds that can actually stop or slow damage to our cells.
* Supports hormonal balance within men and women.
* Supports and has the ability to detoxify the liver.
Some benefits of CBD oil
* Could reduce and help with anxiety and depression. CBD has shown to have antidepressant-like effects in several animal studies. CBD has the ability to act on the brain’s receptors for serotonin, a neurotransmitter that regulates mood and social behaviour.
*Can relieve pain. The body actually contains a system called the endocannabinoid system or ECS which supports a variety of functions within the body including pain.*
*Can help maintain a healthy heart. CBD can help with lowering high blood pressure and as it also helps with lowering stress levels within individuals, supporting the ability to calm the body’s systems including the circulatory system.
* Cancer treatment.
Some benefits of Chamomile
* Helps with sleep and relaxation.
* Reduces inflammation.
* Can be used as a treatment for mild skin conditions.
* Can help with lowering blood sugar levels.
This is a super simple vegan ice cream that is soothing, calming and gentle on not only on the taste buds but also for the body and mind.
Calming Chamomile, Banana & Pine Pollen Ice Cream + CBD Chamomile Syrup
3 ripe frozen bananas
½ cup coconut milk
½ cup coconut cream
3 tbsp. agave syrup (or coconut nectar / maple syrup)
2 tbsp. Sun Potion Pine Pollen
2 tbsp. dried chamomile flowers
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. lemon juice
Pinch sea salt
¼ cup agave syrup (or coconut nectar / maple syrup)
1 tbsp. dried organic chamomile flowers
2 tsp. water
1 tsp. lemon juice
Option to add
2-3 drops CBD oil (I use aire 10% CBD oil)
Blend all the ingredients in a blender, then transfer to a glass or silicone container and store in the freezer for at least six hours before serving.
Pour agave syrup into small sterilized jar and add dried organic flowers - seal and set aside overnight.
Once the chamomile has infused the sweetener, add water, lemon juice and optional CBD drops then stir until completely combined, smooth and a slightly runny consistency.
Drizzle over the chamomile pine ice cream or store in the fridge for up to one week.